I just read on an email about a lady who started random acts of kindness and started a movement of niceness. It is a rare thing to encounter a kind-hearted person, but it is also extremely contagious! If you're having a bad day, why not get your mind off of yourself by doing something unexpected. Here are some "college-student-safe" ideas to get your creative juices flowing...
- Invite a friend who lives in a different dorm to come over and just talk. If you're really fancy and have pop corn or ice cream, share!
- Branch out of the usual Easy Mac or Ramen Noodle routine and get a couple of friends to help you cook a full course meal. Yes, you can make amazing food without a full kitchen! Ask around to borrow a crock pot, rice cooker or griddle.
- Go get WiFi with a friend and laugh at YouTube videos.
- Go for a Sonic run and surprise your professors with their favorite soda. If you don't already know their preference, text someone who knows them well or check their Facebook (people like to put random facts about themselves on the internet!).
- Stop by Walmart and get a bunch of flowers, then put one in each of your best buddies' mailboxes.
- Most campuses have a bookstore that's loaded with what students really want: candy. You know someone on campus is having a worse day than you, so give them a sweet treat.
- Go into town with a friend and get your mind off your troubles by taking advantage of an attraction your city has to offer. One of my friends took me kayaking on the Oklahoma River this week, and we had the time of our lives!
- Read a good book. I'm not talking about the romance novels that make you depressed because you'll never meet your Mr. Darcy... I mean wholesome, meaningful reading like Passion and Purity, Lady in Waiting, and Preparing to be His Help Meet. Go to the "May I Recommend" page for a list of my favorites!