One really good reason to register your Starbucks gift card: any drink you want on your birthday...free.
I knew about the Starbucks loyalty program, but couldn't bring myself to buy myself a gift card completely devoted to coffee (even though I'm addicted). However, when Tim's sister gave me one for Christmas, I wasted no time registering it. A few weeks later I received a postcard in the mail telling me to bring in that card for a free birthday drink! And they let me get whatever size I wanted! I felt absolutely fabulous while enjoying my free venti Java Chip frappuchino.
Here's what you need to do:
1) Get a Starbucks gift card. If you're like me and can't bring yourself to buy yourself one, drop hints about how much you love coffee and someone will probably get you one. Or... join Swag Bucks and earn a free one. Just sayin'.
2) Register it at Starbucks.com and remember to include your birthday where they ask for it!
3) Make a purchase to activate your Welcome Level status. Don't squirm... a tall regular coffee is $1.50.
4) Patiently wait for your cute little post card to arrive in the mail.
5) Bring the postcard to Starbucks and have at it!
This alone makes registering worth it. If you never use your gift card again (which is like, impossible) then you will have still snagged a deal. There are plenty of rewards cards out there with this kind of deal, but I just wanted to share this one because I just got it today and coffee is near and dear to my heart.