Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Ways to Correct Your Thoughts

After reading "I Have Found the Enemy," consider some of the following ways to think correctly about a situation that would normally cause a negative reaction from you.  Remember, without spending time with God first in prayer and His Word, any attempt we make at improving ourselves will not last.

Thoughts from the Bible

Isaiah 55:8  For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

Genesis 50:20  But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

Philippians 3:13-14  Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Ecclesiastes 3:11a  He hath made every thing beautiful in his time...

Philippians 4:11-13  Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.  I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.   I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

 Thoughts from the Wise

"Don't pity the petty.  Don't hate the great."   -Bro. Sam Davison

"You may feel lonely at times, but you're never alone."   -Bro. Dave Hardy

"Don't give up what you want the most for what you want at the moment."   -Bro. Jason Gaddis

"Watch your thoughts, they become your words.  Watch your words, they become your actions.  Watch your actions, they become your habits.  Watch your habits, they become your character."   -unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...