Friday, July 9, 2010

Jesus Knows How You Feel

Doesn't it annoy you when someone claims they know how you feel, and you know they don't?  "I know how you feel" is a popular phrase to throw around carelessly, and it gets aggravating to hear when the time comes that you'd like someone around that actually does know how you feel.  Right before Tim left for his second summer on GloryBound I encountered this more times than I could count.  I heard a lot of, "Yeah, my boyfriend and I live in different states, so I know how you feel," and "He and I only see each other at school, so I know how you feel."  The truth is, very few of them actually knew how I felt!  It drove me crazy!

Well, for everyone who shares this sentiment, I have good news for you.  Whether you've been through the mildest or worst of circumstances, there is One who really does know how you feel.  For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities (Hebrews 4:15a).  I know what it's like to suffer loneliness, so I can relate to someone who has suffered the same pain.  I don't know what it's like to have parents go through divorce, so I can't feel the infirmities of someone who does.  However, Jesus can relate to anyone, because when He was on the Cross, he not only bore our sins, but all of our pain, guilt, bitterness, suffering, and infirmities.  Any sin or by-product thereof, He put upon Himself.  Whatever your case may be, Jesus has already been there, and He knows how you feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...