Friday, August 20, 2010

Pilgrim's Progress

Pilgrim's Progress (Parts One and Two)Pilgrim's Progress is such a classic, how can I not have it under Favorite Books?!  I've read this abridged and unabridged, listened to it on tape and even read a children's illustrated edition.  If you ask me, if you're going to read it, read it in ye olde, unabridged, un-fooled-around with version!  Seriously though, the language is beautiful, the story timeless, and the author a Baptist!  =)

If the thought of reading it makes you gag, at least buy the mp3 and listen to it.  It's simply the best.  It was required reading for me growing up, but I look back at it with fond memories.  Sermons on discouragement still make me think of the slough of despond... A good buddy reminds me of Christian's friend named Faithful... Messages on the emptiness of carnality brings back memories of Worldly Wiseman and Vanity Fair.

Trust me, it's good.  Pilgrim's Progress  (If you happen to purchase it through the link on my blog I get a small percentage... and that's really good!)    =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...